DriveGain is an iPhone app that helps users save fuel as they drive.
The Curvor team were heavily involved in designing the application user experience:
- Developing a non-distracting user experience for in-car use
- User interface design that was glanceable, worked in bright sunlight, while at arms distance
- Design of a non-annoying audio feedback experience
- Extensive user testing and iteration of all user experience elements
We also did a large part of the technical development of the application:
- All of the iPhone user interface development
- Audio and visual asset design
- Integration with iPhone GPS and accelerometer sensors and the signal processing required to “clean” up the data from these sources
- All the development of the website the app connects to – built in Ruby on Rails
You can download the basic app for free from the AppStore.